Monday, March 23, 2015

Moxxie {Got Mud?}

I love to see my girls get out, have fun and get dirty! Especially, if it's not on my watch! Hahaha! My two girls (who were 4 & 2 years old) had been over playing at Nanny's (my girls have always called my mom Nanny instead of Grandma) house for the weekend. The girls kept getting in the way inside that she decided to send them outside to play by themselves. When Nanny went out to check on them later, she got a BIG surprise! Those two little girl had managed to drag a hose out to the un-planted (thankfully!) garden, turned it on and played in the mud! You know what? They still remember that and had a blast! My mom, well she snapped a picture, sent to me and called me laughing. 
Such fun memories! 
The minute I set eyes on that sheet of paper in Moxxie's new line Fun Run I knew that line and this picture just had to go together! I took a piece of kraft cardstock that was slightly bigger than my picture and ran it through my paper crimper and off set it behind my picture. But once I had glued them down I decided it needed something else. So I carefully peeled up the left side, I may do this more often than I care to admit! lol, then added two vertical strips of washi tape and re-glued the crimped cardstock & picture back down. There, that looked better! ;)
I then added a little cluster of embellishments in the bottom right corner of my picture. I added a little resin flower with a button brad. Also included a bit of twine that I looped and threaded behind the picture. This time instead of peeling up what I had already glued down, I stuck a pencil behind the picture just to give me enough room to thread some of the twin up ward and have it come out the top. 
Then for the "We Make Mud Look Good" I used Moxxie Alpha's. I love the color assortment they have!  The colorful arrows came from the sticker sheet that coordinates with the line Fun Run. I love the bright vibrant colors against that dark rich sheet of brown. They really set each other off well.
Thanks for stopping by! :)


Moxxie Products I used:

FNR- 1514 Got Mud
FNR- 2285 Fun Run Sticker

AL- 2279 White Alpha #2
AL- 2278 Black Alpha
AL- 2281 Brown Alpha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}