Friday, January 31, 2014

One Spooky Night

This past year for Halloween we decided to do something fun! We picked a theme and ran with it! We went with Alice in Wonderland. I was the Queen of Hearts, my daughters were- Alice, the White Rabbit and the Cheshire Cat. My husband was an excellent Mad Hatter! lol It was so much fun putting these costumes together. Fun times!
So as I'm going through my stash of goodies I knew I wanted to find something fantastic to create a layout with this picture and take on Memorable Seasons stash-busting challenge. And that's when I found it! An acetate overlay with foil from Little Yellow Bicycle! Totally forgot when & where I got it! I started with a sheet of gray Bazzil cardstock and I some heat embossing to get the black diamond pattern behind the picture. Love the way the black embossing powder turned out!
I also added some Tim Holtz Pumic Stone Distress ink and some
Stampin' Up! Whisper white ink to the page. I was a little hesitant about the white I applied all over the page but with the overlay it was perfect! I also cut out my own cute little banners and used some black & white hemp cord to string them across. Once was I was done with the cardstock I then placed the acetate overlay over my layout. Doesn't it look awesome!?

1 comment:

  1. That is freaking awesome!!! Love the spooky white inking and black embossing. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}