Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

I used to LOVE Chicken Pot Pies when I was younger but somewhere along the way my tastes changed. I don't think I've had one since I was in Jr. High. Sad. I know. But the other night I decided it was time to try it again AND make it myself! So I looked up a few recipes and finally found one to go along with mine and my families tastes. I did make a small change to it but nothing huge. So this is what I came up with. I hope you like it as much as we did! :)

Chicken Pot Pie

1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, boiled
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 can condensed Cream of Celery soup
1 can condensed Cream of Chicken soup

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9 inch pie dish with pastry. Blanch frozen mixed vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain. Dice chicken and place in a large bowl. Add vegetables, thyme, celery soup and chicken soup. Stir together. Pour filling into pastry lined pie dish. Arrange top layer of pie crust, seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust to allow for steam to escape. Place pie on cookie sheet. Put aluminum foil around the pie crust edges. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes and then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}