Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hawaiian Casserole

This was one of my Mother-in-law's recipes, it was one of Jeremy's favorite dishes growing up. So of course I had to learn how to make it ;) It is so easy and yummy! The only thing I have a big problem with is the name... I know that sounds funny but really. Jeremy & his mom have always called it a "casserole" and to me it just doesn't fit! But I don't know what else to call it so I guess the name stays ;)

Hawaiian Casserole

1 lb. Ground Beef
- Seasonings
Salt, Celery Salt, Garlic Salt
1 can of Pineapple Tidbits
1 can of Stewed Tomato's
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup White Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce

While beef is browning season with the salt, celery salt and garlic salt (there are no measurements to the seasonings it's just eyeballing it to taste). Mix your brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce in a separate bowl, set aside. When meat is browned add the stewed tomato's & pineapple with juice. Then your contents of the bowl you set aside over everything in pan. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}